Pages

Thursday 30 January 2014

Albatross - In the Lair of Dr.Hex (Single) - Review

Albatross is a Heavy Metal band from Mumbai, India. They released their Single "In The Lair of Dr.Hex" off their upcoming album "Fear From The Skies". The artwork for the album is yummy and sexy, which is also answering all your questions regarding how the album will sound. I recently experienced them live and the footage can be seen here. All I can say is they are best in their territory.

The song starts off with Biprorshee Das (Vocal) announcing :
"The rebellion had been crushed, |All hope, they say, was gone, |But in this dank, putrid room, |A new assassin was born!"

And bang, the crunchy riffs with an unique flavor pours towards ear, taking away all the sense of  present as the vocals hit its best notes. The song pulls me towards past, an imagination to a land of corpses. And I sit in a cottage in the middle of nowhere, draining the blood from the body I just finished chopping.

The Solos by Vignesh and Nishith just kept on pinching me with its crunchy sound, which continued throughout the song. The vocals sounded like knife being stabbed inside me and I am not hurt but felt better. The sound this band carries is unique and pure original Heavy Metal.

I tried to escape from drowning into the depth of the song but Dr.Hex kept on pushing me inside the song until he pulled me off and asked to join his army of Albatross. I couldn't disagree, he chained me in his hand; mesmerized with his power I finish this off with a knife placed near my throat. I am being hired to assassin those who won't grab this album when it's out.

My Rating - 4/5 (I gave this rating when Dr.Hex was busy choosing a weapon for me)  

No comments:

Post a Comment