Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Alien Sky Cult - You Are Not Alone - Review

"You Are Not Alone" is the debut EP by Delhi’s Metalcore band Alien Sky Cult. It was released on 23rd February 2013 (yes am again late). I heard the tracks in a site but finally owned a copy of the CD via a competition done by the band. Formed in 2011 the band is promising and I know they will get huge in upcoming years.

The EP starts off with “Dominion”, which is actually the intro. The tone is sweet and the distorted guitars just can make you feel more hook to it as it alerts you that you are going to get crushed badly.

“Fate” takes its lead quickly and the breakdowns are worth enough to involve you with the song with Akkshit (Vocals) giving all his effort. The continuity from the intro to the first song kinds of remind me of As I Lay Dying, and which is so good.

“The Dark Field” is my favorite. The song actually gives a feeling like you are listening to an old metalcore record by a band which is huge now. Remember the feeling when we discover a huge band and dig their old records, and we say “Wow, they evolved from here”. The riffs are crunchy, tasty like chicken popcorns with breakdowns taking care of your back.

“I Am Hate” starts off a drum rolling followed by destructive work from the guitars and vocals joining in from a scale equivalent to coming over someone thrice together. The breakdowns, OMG are huge and make me feel proud they are from INDIA. I am really looking forward to catch this band live as this song is made for destroying the venues. The melody just bring back old days when I was much into metalcore, I wish the song would last for more, I am horny.

You Are Not Alone is a massive package of breakdowns, tasty riffs, sweet leads by Alien Sky Cult. The production plays a key role, hats off to Keshav Dhar, he really cooked this EP with some imported ingredients. This is a huge success for the band I think, I am excited for their future releases and also to catch the band live. Pune needs to witness them.

The Ep also consists of “Non Entity”, enough said, the title makes you aggressive, I am angry BITCH. The EP wraps up with “We Are Damned”, another track to destroy the venues and circle pits are must in this song. I am giving a pause! You must go and check this EP out especially when they bid goodbye shouting WE ARE DAMNED. Now, I am damned too, I need to piss off.


My rating 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment