Pages

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Consecration - EP : The first step

I don't want to be the self proclaimed one who saw this band grow into what they are today. But I guess as a part of the audience I do have the validation of saying I did saw this band grew. I experienced a glimpse of this band 2 years ago, I remember Entombed Metal Fest (Vol I). I remember as an opening band they did utilized the small amount of time they were provided. After 2 years of dedication and being in the spirit of making music, Consecration finally released their debut EP. I attended the EP launch gig on 14th June and I will be honest, they really are tight now. But I guess it would be a fake appreciation if I don't share my thoughts on the EP.

EP launches with the trademark intro, "Ordination"; I watched them play this live several times and the perfection in playing is quiet neat and sounds very good. It felt good, after listening it in recorded format. Next up is "Victim Of My Own Words", which is a proper arrangements of intense growling, crunchy riff patterns with a touch of melody in them. I liked the way the fusion between melodic leads and crunchy riffs been allotted together in one space. You can listen to everything clearly, credits goes to the man behind the machines, shaping the EP. "Hostile Retribution" reminds of some tones I heard before but I can't remember actually. The song has some complex materials in them and carries the sound that was in the beginning of the EP, which is important in order to established a sound the band own. The melodic fusion with some soulful solos seems to be the trademark of this band."Silent Walk", have a slow progression and I must say the band is pretty neat in mixing up melody and riffs and again in quickly shifting tempos and patterns in between which would definitely set a mark. The EP wraps up with their popular number "Plunge". I personally like the arrangement of the track and the way it revolves around with few riffs but again the solos are nicely placed. I hope they will place it more perfectly during live as those solos will justify their stand. 

Overall the EP is only a tiny step towards what the band want to achieve. That can be analyzed by their serious dedication in the EP. Everything from vocals to drums to bass to drums, sounded pretty neat and not bad for a debut release from a "hard-to-surviving-zone" oriented metal scene. At the end this band is a BRAVE band to keep their sound the way it is. Honestly I have seen fights over solos, in many bands. Some prefer it some don't but this band managed to balance everything with their skills. I wish them very best, grab the EP and support them. Till then Cheers ! And I am not sorry if I made grammatical mistakes !

My Rating - 3.5/5

You can check out the EP below . Click to visit at facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment