Pages

Sunday 2 February 2014

Theories And Butterflies - After The Solstice(SINGLE) - Review

I am kind of off-the-ground of other genres now-days. Basically some old metal records are in the playlist. I play them or just watch videos like how to cultivate Marijuana etc etc. Oh wait , yes I am reviewing a Single named "After The Solstice" by a Pune based Alternative Metal band Theories And Butterflies. The band's name really impressed me, I assume the band can tell much about it.

Moving on with the track, the track starts off with a crunchy riff and followed by an intro that runs all around in the background when the vocals join in. The song is about betrayal as mentioned here, where the song is uploaded. The song is self produced and I must say it does sounds good but yes the crunchy feeling could have much better but I guess as the song is written on being-down phase, it sounds good.

The structure, the writing part is really sweet to ears and when the frustrated part of the song arrives with breakdowns and really painful lead follows in which is a good work by the guitar player I must say. The vocals are really expressive and yes took me back to some old memories. Everyone is betrayed and yes always there is a long night that never ends. Recently I had a night which was very long and I wished it would get over quickly.

The bass line constantly impressed me, it controlled the vibe of the song and balanced so neatly with drums. Overall alternative lovers should give their ears a chance to listen to this and give their thoughts. Okay, now time to grab some food and wash away all tears.

My Rating : 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment