Pages

Thursday 20 February 2014

Gutslit - Skewered In The Sewer - Review

The first time I heard this band was the first live gig I attended after shifting to Pune. I was extremely connected with the music they played. I felt blessed to witness such mass destruction in such a short notice prior to each of the song. Yes they play real fast and doesn't wait for you to stand up and start moshing again. "Skewered In The Sewer" is the debut album by the Mumbai based Brutal Death (Orgasmic) band GUTSLIT.

"Prelude To Putrification" starts teasing you with some bold words which will capture your brain like its putting some spell on you to get screwed in the next minute as "Pustulated Phalic Entralment" follows up with the painful intro which almost hurt me bad till the flood of riffs and insane growl from Aditya Barve rolled in with insane combination of his dominance inside the song structure. The riffs and tiny solos are enough to make you crazy and shake your body with so much of intense drumming following your butt in the circle pit. "Offal Barter" felt like its just not enough to fucking stop doing crazy shits but also to go wild with the tone of crazy solos in between the over demanding deep growls. The bass line by Brutal Sardar can be analyzed more in "Circumcised With a Chainsaw" accompanied by intense vocals by Mallika Sundaramurthy. Perfect torture in a good way I say for this kind of pulling off in between those crazy solos.

I have watched this band live thrice and I am glad I experienced the drum machine Aron Pinto. "Aortic Cranial Disintegration", "Haemorrhoidal Brain Custard" got some intense drumming which would blow even cockroach's brain loudly. The song structure with those kind of riffs and genetically shaped breakdowns are really orgasmic. Who needs a partner to feel orgasmic of you have this album seriously ? I had to look around if anyone is holding a shotgun as said in "Pulp Face",  which is a scary one carrying the overall combination of band's sound. Now the torture seems to be increasing as I can feel some shouts near my heart as "Maze of Entrails" rolled in with so much of heaviness weighting more than  my headphones. Sick riffs by the machine guitarist as well I would say. The album didn't concluded with a goodbye attitude instead it punched you asking to fuck the pit up with the title track "Skewered In The Sewer" which carried so much of aggressiveness that I am literally shouting in between of the songs.

After the constant blow of brutality in the album, I feel is like its a vodka shot which would make you feel numb instantly. 9 tracks, 26 minutes and you want more off it with your full soul to hesitate involving in more of the tones of the band. What you waiting for grab this album now and support the Indian scene, I am so proud they are carrying Indian flags to some extreme fests this year. I hope they name their next album with more brain puzzling words and name their songs more hardly. Its simple if you had bunked English classes, don't try to read the track-list and embarrass yourself. I need to pee now.

My rating - 4.7/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment